Sunday, May 21, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: I SEE YOU BY CLARE MACKINTOSH


I See You
by Clare Mackintosh
Published: April 4th, 2017
Hardcover, 384 pages

MY GOODREADS RATING 4/5 STARS

(Thanks to Little Brown Book Group and Netgally, I received an advanced copy of this book to review)

GOODREADS SYNOPSIS

You do the same thing every day.

You know exactly where you're going.

You're not alone.

When Zoe Walker sees her photo in the classifieds section of a London newspaper, she is determined to find out why it's there. There's no explanation: just a website, a grainy image and a phone number. She takes it home to her family, who are convinced it's just someone who looks like Zoe. But the next day the advert shows a photo of a different woman, and another the day after that.

Is it a mistake? A coincidence? Or is someone keeping track of every move they make . . .

MY THOUGHTS:

     I found that the first 20% or so of this book was mainly background, that went a bit slowly for me. I enjoyed that the book was written in multiple points of view. It also helped that I found all the characters pretty likable. I also really loved the fact that we got to see a bit of how things work on a police level. 

   I found the story very enjoyable, with enough mystery that it was hard to put down. I love when thrillers have short chapters, they seem to drag me in more for some reason, which is another reason I enjoyed this story. Another great thing was how I found myself second guessing what I thought was going to happen, that to me is a sign of a great thriller.
    Overall, if you are in the market for a quick mysterious, thrilling read for the summer, here you have it. It definitely had me looking over my shoulder for a few weeks after reading it.
    

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment