Sunday, June 25, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: COMING UP FOR AIR BY MIRANDA KENNEALLY

Coming Up For Air
by Miranda Kenneally
Expected Publication : July 4th 2017
Paperback, 320 pages

MY GOODREADS RATING 3/5 STARS

(Thanks to Netgally & Soucebook Fire I received an ARC of this book to review)

Swim. Eat. Shower. School. Snack. Swim. Swim. Swim. Dinner. Homework. Bed. Repeat.

All of Maggie’s focus and free time is spent swimming. She’s not only striving to earn scholarships—she’s training to qualify for the Olympics. It helps that her best friend, Levi, is also on the team and cheers her on. But Levi’s already earned an Olympic try out, so she feels even more pressure to succeed. And it’s not until Maggie’s away on a college visit that she realizes how much of the “typical” high school experience she’s missed by being in the pool.

Not one to shy away from a challenge, Maggie decides to squeeze the most out of her senior year. First up? Making out with a guy. And Levi could be the perfect candidate. After all, they already spend a lot of time together. But as Maggie slowly starts to uncover new feelings for Levi, how much is she willing to lose to win?

MY THOUGHTS:

     I’ve pretty much read all of the books in the Hundred Oaks series, so I was extremely glad to get to review a copy of this one. These books are absolutely adorable summer reads, and this one was no exception. I could picture taking this to the beach and just enjoy it. I thought the story line was cute, but maybe had a bit too much emphasis on sexual experience for my taste. 
   The characters were enjoyable and quite predictable, which was OK by me. Maggie seemed to think like a typical high school girl who had FOMO (fear of missing out). Levi was a typical high school boy, but did so many things that just made me smile.

   I really enjoy her writing style since it makes the books so quick and easy to read and just enjoy. I must say I’m sad to hear this is the last Hundred Oaks book.

No comments:

Post a Comment